07 February, 2009

On darien's trip

Yes, up before eight, courtesy the rythm. Sure and well enough, since i have stuff in far away Darien this afternoon. The true stimulus of the trip is to get my hair cut - i've been 'told' that maybe i really look like a wilde slob - by someone who loves me, not hates me - and so I've taken it to heart. I'd called Aldo, the old 63rd Street barber, if he was gonna be around Saturday - and luckily he'd just gotten back from Florida (winters there). Though he's retired, he'll take old clients and do them up in the b arbers chair in his basement. Gf thinks I should just switch to getting my hair cut locally @ a cheap shop, but i enjoy going out there. He used to have a very convientnet shop where I could totally stop by on the way from school to home, but no longer. No more impulse haircuts. But, I really look like a fucking ragtop rit now - the hair is that horrid consistency of stringy thin flyaway tangled combo I hate so much.

Also am I attending nephew.3's basketball game @ 11pm. Sister.3's kids - nephew.3 ans niece.5 - I barely get to see doing activities, and so it's great I get to catch something from these kids. The other two families live in the neighbourhood, and I've been able to watch the kids from those two families activity though the years. @ some point or other, I've been their soccer coach - three for years, three others for just one season.. Other times, it's always just easy to take them to games or movies since they live in the hood. But those two darien kids take special planning. That has always sucked. So, an eighth grade basketball game today w/ a haircut on the side.

No comments: