19 February, 2009

Football au Printemps: coaches

The coaching staff is full. Two basically non soccer people have come aboard to join Koack K and I. Last years assistant coach is coming on to take on limited role. She will be doing paperwork, as well as the candy sale (by the way, @ some point in April - I'm sure I'll see if you want to buy a candy bar for $1. What - You won't? you hate girls? You hate me? Why do you hate America??). She will also go to the park early and start the girls exercising - I get out @ 4pm generally, but most of my team gets out @ 2.45 (Seniors get out earlier - the school is crowded and we have staggered starts so all the kids can have classrooms). So, she'll play a limited role - same as last year - but it will hlp a lot.

I also have a freshman coach. I'd wanted a woman, hopefully able to speak Spanish, and young. My first two choices didn't work - Neice.1 is in Roma, and a girl who showed up a lot last year also didn't work out. However, my next choice was delighted to take the job. I explained to her that she'd have to come on Saturdays and that I would be having a large job in training the girls (they are my future team in 2 years or so), but she seemed gung ho for the position. I'm happy she 's in. She is thought of highly here, and is always a pleasant person. That she doesn't really have a soccer background don't matter. And, I'm glad to get someone a paycheck.

No comments: