19 February, 2009

Cookie

Well, bit by bit, it seems there are slightly small sign everywhere that i'm turning into an adult. Y'all w/ kids (and property an' all'o' 'at etc as well, but esp. the kids) - I ain't @ that level). I know I wrote of my Mom and my fears a bit yesterday, but again- finally, I seem to have realized not to take my Mom for granted so much. I'm finally realizing that time is finite, and she who by definition has been around forever (well, for me least) will not be around forever. I'll admit to being a pretty worthless son - not evil, or whatever, but just the 'taken for granted' part - but I've been pleased that lately i haven't been so self entered. When it comes to her.

But - is it selfishness @ the bottom of it?

So, among other things, the same Patience I have w/ Mayo or the kids @ school - I'm starting to have for her. And again - so much time when I have been a greedy son, I can't get that back. But I can go full force in the future. What are the lines? From Magnolia Sky? Each day is a new chance to ......? what was it?

I can't remember them all - so i'll leave you w/ that last glorious scene from the Matrix - well, not th LAST scene, but The Scene of Scene: Me, err...... Neo, bullets flying for him, and all he says is "No" I think, slowly, finally, that "No" is coming into my vocabularily.

About time.

No comments: