20 February, 2009

Mayo and the Bus

W/in the last few weeks, Mayo came up to me to ask the meaning of the word "nuisance". Well, I knew it was used to describe him in his presence - where I dunno. But he now is shuffled out of school because to most he is a nuisance ; he's been put ' on the bus ' , so to speak. Instead of loitering around the school - in the media center - until he' kicked out when it closes @ 4.30, and then loitering around outside until lord knows when and then taking CTA home @ 9pm -somebody has decided to put him on the yellow bus with the other special ed kids and make him leave the area in the aternoon.

What a change!! One of the aides came to the library @ @.30 or so to walk him to the bus, and he was weeping - lost frenz, from a switched schedule, but also he has to leave his little home hours early. I suppose he will make new frenz and he will visit us a lot, but I will amidt that I liked him around staring @ the computer screen muttering till no one else ware there except he and a few other die hard (who stay till we kick them out of the libary). So, instead of 1.15-4.30, Mayo will have to make due with 1.1.5 - 2.25.

I'll miss him, but he'll be around as well. I really like that he's been accepted by all the regulars in the media center - and worried a bit by how he'll take up his free hours. The funny thing is is that people were saying that he was 'put on the bus' to protect his saftey - I'm sure it was to rid the area of him.

No comments: