26 February, 2009

Football au Printemps: disaster

Boy, all my proud fucking talk about all of this and that and me bringing in shit for the team - and because I didn't harangue the kids into getting their 'physicals' before, our team has basically stopped. And it's on St. Patrick Day's Day that we play our first game - and because I don't have enough girls legal on the roster as of now, I really don't even have a team. It's a serious disaster - here I was conditioning the girls and all these great plans, but because I underestimated the time and effort involved in getting this done - the team suffers. Now - I realised that I would make mistakes going into this, and I'm still ok with making mistakes - but right now, this mistake IS right now - and it's killing me.

Frustrating. Some girls are naturally lazy, and some are breaking on the rock of 'having to schedule it so long in advance'. They also have to have two other forms - a 'parental consent' and a 'steroids' form that only need a parents signature- but it's the physical forms that are the defile.

So, I have fucked up. I feel like a fuck. Two weeks the girls have been sitting. Luckily nest week we get to "try out" girls for two days - that means everyone gets to play - but after that, I bet I still won't have a roster.

No comments: