30 December, 2008

sir leads the troops




Boy - sometimes I've coached teams that were so talented that I didn't need to exist. Several summers spent coaching two teams M-th from 5.15- 9pm every nite - and this was one of them.

Best player - best player by twice in the league that year-not even present for this picture.

I loved that summer. This team -Niece.3 is on it) and the team that contained nephew.2 and neice.2 were the two teams i was coach of that year.

My first flush of birdom was about this time, and I determined to name my teams after birds that showed up o my feeders. I named this team the Grackles - that irredesent blue/purple on their necks? the other team i coached that year was the Starlings - yellow (beaks in summer) and black.

So enjoyable, that summer. Why can't they all be?

No comments: