23 December, 2008

crankFacebook

Hmm. Although maybe the bullinachinashop enterence should have been avoided - my neferious purposes hadn't yet even been revealed to me- but after various urgings of various peoples, I finally figgeredout my Facebook password and responded to friend requests and etc.... I'm in, now, but it's not exactely my cup of tea - but again, im in. I was too lazy before, but a couple keystrokes belies the ease of the site. and so, im in.

And, although I'm not on the way to becoming a Facebook expet - I can't get it @ school, so its sporadic fer me @ best - I have become vastly interested in the site. This is because three of my nephew/neices DO like the site - and I've discovered it's an easy way to see if ... uh.... well, just seeing........

I'm old enough to know that they are old enough as well, in different ways - but how am I not to feel responsible and worry for them? I caught an underaged nephew w/ a beer @ a Fire game this year, but of course ignored it. I also told another underage drinker in USA / legal in Ireland neice that it was kool she had a drink in Eire when she was 18. But I will amidt i was kinda ,um, funnied when I saw the drinking references on Facebook.

So - although many good frenz and people who I haven't seen in 30 years are my 'frenz' on FB - but my main interest is to spy on those I love so much ( and, uh, are under 23 yo). So - to you people who read this and are frenz on FB - I don't mean to disparage you, but it's my main interest that keeps me coming back. Feeling like I'm picking on you because you are more than 23 yo?? The kids have never read securityout - @ least that i know - this is all for you, and I write for you here.
But FB - if I seem to be lagging way behind, so be it. I'll try to keep up. Nice tool.
So - I'm into facebook now, finally - and now need to put up a Myspace page. For two reasons.

1))You are reading me, so yeah I write. But I also act, direct, sing, danse, etc etc etc and I realise that they all have their myspace pages, so i kinda have to as well. So, soon. I want to put up my various songs so when I play SXSW Gunners , Guitars, Chartman, Vampire, Joker, and Smoky Treats and etc will simply just have to go to my myspace page to hear the shit. Eventually.
2)) In the schools I have taught @ these last five years (2 school) ther big deal is Myspace. My neices and nephews? Into Facebook. I've read that there is a class divide between those who use FB and those who use My Space. The city kids going to public school= MS
The city kids going to catholic schools=FB

So, to keep my working class credentials up to date, i will have to have a My space page.

I feel like Mick Jagger

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was always told FB was for old people... that's why I joined.