09 October, 2008

telephone thing

Hate it. Ain't the days of the late 70's and early 80's when the phone represented an artistic instrument that was often played to perfection. I have the tapes to prove it. Nowadays, as outgoing as I am, I generally hate talking on the phone. Frenz mite know this.

I call nobody ever, and when I actually do call people, it's always a tuff thing. Strange, isn't it? So, I needed to call two people - Blackie and Cousin.

Blackie called me 1.5m ago, and I dithered in calling him back. Then he called again, and this time i sent him an email saying that I got the call and I'm trying my best to call back. Trying my best? Wouldn't trying my best mean that I called him up that day? Not for me. I did call him and left a message a week ago.

Cousin got married in Montana last month and y mite remember that they cancelled the flite in the morning (flying to Montana? I've discovered that trying to catch a flite to Montana is as hard as forcing the defile @ Marathon) and I missed the connexions that would have delivered me safely there. She is one of my closest frenz, and although I missed the wedding of one of my closest frenz, it took me a month to fiinally pluck up the courage to call her. Missed one of my best frenz wedding s and it took me a month to call and say "hey".

So, last nite late, and me thinking that this is a telephone day (I'd had no cables from Russia, finally, on this day, so the idea of socialibility again advances across my psyche), had me being free @ 9pm and going to call both. I picked up the phone, dialed Cousins digits, got ascared and hung up, dialed Blackies - realised that it's 10pm where he lives, then finally dialed for good Cousin.

Good talk. She understood, and was fine w/ me missing the wedding. She knows I'll visit one day soon. It's always good to talk to her. I can hear the excitement and happiness about life in the whole conversation. Good.

No comments: