28 October, 2008

Parrot Cage

Very late to celebrate our anniversary on time, we finally did something we always wanted to do - and celebrated our anniversary (22 July, y'all-woman - thank yr god yr not my girlfriend, seriously) @ the same time. We went to teh Parrot cage, a resturaunt that is located on thr grounds of the South Shore Country Club. Yes, hilts actually shelled out for a full priced meal (no 2-1's)- although w/ tip clocking up to be $65 total, it wasn't all that much.
Parrot Cage is a resturaunt run by kennedy King College's cooking school, and it has a nice rep. It's housed in an old country club rite on the lake's southeast shore. I 1987, Sister.1 had her reception there. My only golf game ever - well, 3 rounds - was there. And we had a kick ass time. She got some pasta, while I got a steak. I will freely amidt that I was a bit intimidated- people were dressed up and it was like a real restuarunt, and. well, sometimes, i feel out of place. However, a few minutes in, and i was fine. She had more than a great time.
And I ended up giving her some Wright books - she dug them - when I had some expensive jewlery to give her. She was stoked about the books - but now I gotta figger out some other nice dinner place to give her the better stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's sweet... Chris and I can't even remember our anniversary, therefore never celebrating it. At least we're both on the same boat.

Hilts said...

Gf kept insisting that our ann. was 22 August, but since there was much evidence that I was rite, she believed me.

we had fun.