06 October, 2008

Capital Ship in Port / wkd.2





Had the supper catered supper* celebrating 10 years of marries bliss. It was a joyous nite, and the crowd was good. Missed Frankie Diamonds - where was he? But there were tonnes there, some Ive seen extensively recently, and some I haven't seen in awhile. Lots of married poeple - and some bachelors like I (Balz !!).



Food was great. Last year they had a celebration @ their house, and Jackson did the cooking. This year, the food came in from the outside. I'm not a foodie, but I know when it's good. Plus, there was no fish. Last year, I let it go 'cause when I got there, I wasn't hungry. When finally i got hungry, I made sure that I didn't let it go too late. Ice creams to floow the main meal. Everyone loved the lamb. Yes, I loved the lamb as well.

Drank lots of wine. There was champaign, and I drank , like it was a wedding - it's hard to say no when there are free glasses of it all over, and I tend to forget how much I drink in these situations). Eventually, I cut myself off.

Funny. I've been in a very very dark mood lately. The change of season or whatever - it lasted a few days, but this weekend it was full on. It took me a long time to get to the party, and the despondancy inside me kept telling me to just go, there's a lot of people there, they won'y miss you, just go.... the next day, after I dropped Gf off @ the shower, same thing: just go, there's a lot of people there, they won'y miss you, just go....

I went both Saturday and Sunday, and thank god that I did. I'm glad I didn't lame out.


................................
*=sung like Bono.

No comments: