06 October, 2008

Amongst the pregnants wkd.3

Wow what an early race - luckily I get up early these decades, and the early call to collect the girl and race to the Loop wasn't bad. I dropped her off for Patience's babyshower shower on navy pier, and because $23 is too astronomical, I actually meandered my way over to Clark and Division and dropped the Starsser then marched the 1.5 m to the Pier.

It took forever to finally figger where exactly mes amis were on the pier - the place is seriously large - and only got there after several nice people helped me figger it out (even loaned me a fone, got instructions from Rocky, then took another 20m to finally find the place - it was the godsend to here his throwaway instructions 'near NPR radio place, much like 10ya he saved me when I was on the fone justarrived from Chicago to san Fran and - after me saying , nah, don't need the cross streets, said -wait, yeah, gimme geary and whatever - and , if course, that was the saving direction)

So, I got to the place, dropped down, and realised that I'd forgotten my massive cache of primary source material that was needed for ......oh, wait, is it still a secret? Well, here's a hint: the walrus was Paul. It was a lot of fun going through ideas and how to fit memories into those ideas, or vise versa. Funny - Cult Women, Bam Bam, Cult Woman, Vest guy, Pee Jay, Cult Woman, Blackie, Cult Women, Dead Boys, Cult Women, Vito, Cult Women, etc etc etc...... all were gossiped about, or stories rehashed, etc.....
But especially Cult women. She was the little boys proverbial dream, the goddess who just mt take you with her*
Both Face and Roxx had good ideas. I was happy w/ their avenues of thought. What I wasn't happy with was the beer - some ugly domestic beer that the likes of Homes would never touch.
Then, some gossips. Richie (15 coup's Guitars) showed up, and we were talking different things. At a point, Face got up and left, and a chance remark from Richie allowed me to suddenly ask the question everyone wants to know: "So, uh, what happened to the Trust?" Rocky and I leaned forward as the first sounds came out of his mouth (An answer? he looked @ him, and it all cascaded down ......something about context....). He actually had no answer. I was sure Rocky knew - but that thought was several months ago. So, we're still curious.
However, there were other gossips. I sat with the three musicians, and listened to how the group can be such a bithcy thing. And some people........
...............................................
*=misremembered snippets from a werke of art from, say, 1991. A favourite. You recognize self?
foto from rocky

No comments: