09 April, 2008

The worst coach in the world

So, I was able to keep my midfielder, but it mattered little as we lost 3-0. Did we look bad? Well, not bad, but very over matched. It's a new world again.

I will freely admit that when we won out first game, I immediately started to think big. Well, big in this context would be "City Champions Girls Soccer Junior Varsity". Notice please, it was a very egotistical thinking - it was all for the glory of me and all my right moves and excellent player handling's. Typical me.

Then we run into a team that has a great girls reputation (one of their players who I coached against 3 years ago is now trying out for the Mexican national team - very good team always). Varsity lost 3-0, so it was a bad start to the day. Then it was a total rain on us - I had nice rain clothes on, but the poor girls were in their shorts. Dismal day.

The ball was in our end the entire game. Once in awhile we'd have a semi break, but we didn't threaten all game. No offense, as the other team just kept the ball away from us the entire game. And our defense. They were very untidy in back, and the untidyness lead to all three of the other teams goals (we also lost 3-0). The girls need a lot more structure in the back - and that is where SUPERCOACH was SUCKYCOACH. They also need....well, a lot. Standing on the sideline, five minutes into the game, and just realising that "Shit, this other team is good" is a deflating feeling. We have to get better.

But to-morrow is another day, so even though we lost, we have to get ready for the next game. Always keep reaching. We get three new players, but I fear next game will be the end for my start midfielder. Then where will we be??

No comments: