12 April, 2008

sableheimer

Oi what a disaster.

Went up to near O'Hare to watch Nephew.2's volleyball game. Went straight up 1st Ave all the way - the same route we take when we visit her brother. The game was close, but N.2 's team won handily. They had beaten a regional powerhouse in the past week and are close to being ranked in the top 10 in local papers, so there is a buzz about the team. My sister and bro in law were there as well.

Thanks to Gf. We were supposed to watch Atonement @ Univ Chicago this nite, but when I discovered that I would be able to catch the game, she ruefully allowed me to catch his game. He has less than 10 games in his hs career left, so she understands that I have to catch the kids now before they are gone forever. No more football games for Nephew.1, or soccer games for Neice.1. And now, a dwindling amount for Nephew.2 and Neice.3.

As gf had to work the next day, we decided to catch a drink @ the James Joyce. We did. Two. Very nicely poured. Beautiful.

And when we tried to start the Strasser, it was all dark. Dead car. No, it wasn't me leaving on the lites this time (last week!) - it was...... what?? So, we had to endure the towing oddessey and cabbing it back to her crib - we got back very late. So Strasser is in drydock out in Riverside, and who knows when it will be running again? For all the tickets and tyres and tickets and batteries and etc that I've put in - some more !!

Strasser is expensive now = April is time for new sticker -$70 (?), insurance continuation ($400?), emissions test, and now prob. major repairs.

And me w/out a car. Two years ago, big whip. Now ? Shit - how do I survive? Will I be catching that express bus on Monday ?? Maybe. Will Gf and I get to see the play we wanted this weekend, or Atonement on Sunday? We'll see.

People @ the Joyce were great. They all lended in to help us. Good place. Tenders were kool, difference people helped us - humans are great, n'est pas? I, however, was helpless - as usual, Gf's got the gab and she was the one to garner the support. Bless her.

No comments: