10 April, 2008

No game for old Man

My project of a forward dropped off of the team. Not the tops of skills, not the top of knowledge of the game - but boy did she like to run. For me, I was schooled heavily @ the last school I coached @ - so I really wanted to develop her into the 'runner'. Yes, maybe a diminution of her skills, but I have a real need to fill that position. Now, I'll have to look elsewhere.

Game was cancelled again today - the rain and threat of lightning will do that. Funny, again - I was so sure I was superman after our win last week - but was exposed as littleman after our loss. There are two schools that have real good girls soccer rep on our schedule this year - and the rest do not. I could see us entering the playoffs w/ two losses - but we'd have to face a Premiership (we are in the second level of the city teams, the First Division) in the first round robin play.

We have time to get better.

Wednesday I also caught my nieces game out in the suburbs. Nice having a car, eh?? No taking 2h bus rides w/ three exchanges or having to wait on my sisters for a ride and having to deal w/ them. They played a team that they killed 7-0. My nieces coaches were nice -it coulda been 17-0. And the funny thing is? My nieces team is a sophomore team, but I bet that sophomore team would kill my schools varsity squad (Not to mention what they would do to my J-V team). Such a vast difference between the level of a city girls team and a Catholic or Suburban team (mainly). Boys are a lot closer - but it will be awhile before a city team wins a state crown.

For now, I will be satisfied with nice passing, a defense that takes care of bizz, and some goals next game. Tuesday.

No comments: