21 August, 2007

Met her kid

Met Gf's daughter, for more or lss the first time, last week. Only took 25m.
I love taking the kids out, and a good excuse now is : end of the summer. When Nephew.1 was going to university first time, I took thm all out to Fox's Restauraunt in Oak Lawn. This was helped back then w/ a $50 gift cert. given by grateful parents of summersoccerplayers to the coach ( I was very poor back then). The first time I intro'd Gf to the Kids it was @ an end of summer dinner.
When Gf said "Hey, would it be cool to bring her to this dinner?", I figured that it would be a good time to meet- all my kids are ace, and I hoped that it would be an easy time. It was. Gf and her kid generally talked amongst themselves while my kids did the same. I'm pretty free and easy around that 14-18yo set--it's my business to be, I guess--so I tried to make things lite. It was nice to meet her.

No comments: