13 August, 2007

Black and Tan / Friday.3

There could be a major disturbance in the force. For longtemps I’ve been a cider drinking man. It was Rocky who turned me onto SOMETHING I CAN DRINK AT A BAR back beddy longtime when I was young and inexperienced and could only think to order coffee or soda pop or water when I was a bar with my frenz. It was @ Rainbo and it was about 1991 and it was a sip of his Woodpecker: voila I could drink with the best of them-well, not really, but finally @ least I finally could finally drink @ a bar like normal people- finally.

But as I age, fuck the fucking hangovers that fuck the fucking stomach the hangovers the next day fuck ….. fuck I can’t deal with that -- AND NOW the sickness invades the actual drinking process -- really, when I’m @ two pints, generally start to feel a little queasy. So, on this nite when Gf and I went out to Lanigans w/ Goodkixx late, my second drink was the half Guinness/ half cider called- “Black and Tan”?? Tastes good.

The name. Wiki says this:

Poor Man's Black Velvet - Guinness and cider in equal quantities. Also known as a Crown Float. Commonly known in America as a Snake Bite.

There is a problem. When poured rite, there is a real kool demarcation line betwixt the two ingredients- when poured rite. However, I ordered one once @ Rainbo, and it was a sloppy mixture. My guess is that I will have to be careful where to order it. But order it I will.

1 comment:

Baywatch said...

excellent choice of illustration.
and y gotta love the demarcation.