13 August, 2007

The job fair and after / Friday.2

The job fair was basically a bust. Only one hs was represented in libraries, but we’ll see. Also set out some resumes in grammar school boxes. I’d been called by one hs the day before, but as I write I haven’t been able to talk to them good. Was ok, though, ‘cause I got to see old people. People like me who lurk these fairs, trying to nail down a spot…..

Since I’m cheap and stupid, I decided this day to take the El up to our Russian frenz crib but sandwich in a 1.5m walk in the superblazing sun to save $1.75 El fare. Got that done, but I was wearing clothes that I was wearing to get hired in, not fight @ Al Alamein; nice pants, hard shoes, and a tie for chrissakes!! Luckily it never takes me seconds to strip down shirtless in this hostile type of environment, so with refills of water from friendly hoses on the way, I was able to get that done.

No comments: