16 December, 2010

try

Went to a school today to see if I could get some sorta job -they have an open library position, so I was hoping. Wasn't used to getting up that early anymore (0720h !!) - but did actually get some sleep in the nite before and was fresh enough. I was put in charge of two classes, and oversaw one class in an assembly.

Went well. I liked the school - I was suprised, actually, that things were so in control. Grammer schools, for me, are tuff as hell - kids tend to be ansy and scattered and wanting to play all day (much do I prefer the high schools - HS kids, generally, are much more chill.) However, this school was well run. Kids respectful, working, writing, behaving - what a change from the last school I was at (oi!). They also had an actual library - although I was a "librarian" @ my last school, I didn't have a library (conducted classes in their own class). Here, however, they have a really nice - albeit MESSY - space. The collectionof books was somewhat old and very very thin - it would be incredible to be able to build the collection.

Funny. Real nice school. Library of possibilities. I want the job.

1 comment:

Hilts said...

Would love it, friend. Im real good @ sweeping the Village Thrift book collections - the younger kids tend to outgrow the books and then get rid of them quick - and I can get them cheap.

I really want that job.