21 December, 2010

On Weeping

Devin Hester gloriously returns kicks for TD's on MNF- I mut be in Evanston watching the game w. Rocky. Was @ the crib w. the family a bit, but then we went to a bar to watch the balance of the game. Parking lot, snow covering up it all, chill. Drinx were great after the first deep mistake - some drink that was impossible to drink except those who actually think beer tastes good.

But Roxx gave me a good one. He got pretty drunk, and out came a "Hey - do you weep?" Of course, i weep every day - I really do. And, as we agreed, as we get older, we weep more. For me, weeping is totally ok - it's a mans thing to do. Why? Dad would weep - not as much as i do these days. But the fact that this man - of course, The Arch Man as far as I'm concerned growing up - meant that to me, weeping is just a part of being .... well, a manly man. True.

But we agreed, generally yes
- how this scene was shot and the music involved mixed w. the plot of the movie
-or
- the touch of a sentence or paragraph in this or that book
-or
- a particular full of life memory
-or
whathaveyou.

I'll amidt I was a little worried that ever more I weep - but seconded, unbidded, and extremely similar thoughts about it - have eased all worries. Hey, Jesus wept, correct? Why can't we?

No comments: