15 December, 2010

an opportunity

Decided to go after it. Kahla years ago advised me to get a job I should go to the schools w. resume in hand and try to talk to the principal. So, last week and this week - when I could jab myself out in the afternoon- I visited a bunch of mainly Southside side grammer schools w. posted open full or half library positions. There were only four full positions available (600 schools?) and maybe 14-15 "half" or ".5" positions. These ".5" positions would require me to work half the week at one school and half the week at another other (BUT - fulltime!!). To confuse the matter further, there are "E Track Schools" (four of which have .5/library position) which run on another schedule - and can only be matched w. another E Track school.

Fun to drive around the South side, especially in neighbourhoods I rarely go. Mad at myself because because even thou it is important that I get a job, It still takes maximum effort to even get up so I can visit these schools before they close for the day.

But, finally, I have a chance. Tomorrow I go to a school that has a full open position. Since I cannot legally sub, I will "volunteer" and they will see if they want to hire me. It is very important - there are just about zero jobs, and if I don't get a break here tomorroww....or, to use Napoleon's "Is he Lucky?", meaning When he gets a chance, will he make the most of it?

But, a chance. So, good.

No comments: