06 December, 2010

Suntimes reminds me of those days...

Once in awhile you'll see former students and players I coached in the newspaper - here's some story on grade inflation in CPS. In th sunday print version there was a picture of her.

For me, very cool. Always great to be reminded of great times. My favourite team I have vever coached was the JV spring girls 2008 team. Again, we got to the quaterfinals of the City playoffs before we we topped by the #1 team @ that time. But the girl in the story - she was freshman back then, and because of her obvious maturity and skill I put her in the defense. She was always a bright spot- sunny attitude in practice, in class: everywhere. And it was fun to watch her grow and take on different roles as she changed from 14 to 15 to 16. Miss those days. Wish I had another crack @ that team - I know Id do a much better job now.

Todays version of the print Suntimes brings a column by Cheryl Lavin. She used to have a great relationshi type column way back - and then dissapeared. She has been back for two years or so - but she really is not back. The column now is not as interesting (it used to be younger issues - now, it's middle age issues) as itused to - but I still read it.

So, todays column by Lavin has a story of a reunion 30 years in the making (typical column fare these days in Lavin). However, what caught my eye is that it involved people from St. Rita HS, right about the time I was going there. The names have been changed, of course - but reading between the lines, my guess is that there is a heavy chance I know these two people - im sure I know the girl. However - completely can't tell. I'll put this colum out on FB and see if the rita people can't figger out the two.

No comments: