29 November, 2008

Tuesday nite in Printers Row

Way - I thought i was the only one really touched by that time. Seems - not, not seems, since I've been aware 'o'odis fer a longtemps now - but it seems many others have been as well.

When? Some university time, a score away, but still here w/ me now.

The plan on this school nite was for me to do the dangerous trick of hanging out w/ Rocky and Cranky while trying to get some planning and writing done. This time - about what I was talking about above - comes spectacularly covered in primary material -saved by me. And those two cats want that primary stuff i'm rotting w/.

So - primary materials. They are trying a treatment of the late 80's and early 90's. Not only does my memory come equipped w/ loads of forgotten trinkets that I'm just astonished everyone doesn't know - But there are more concrete things in my knapsack - fotos and diaries (err, journals - i never kept a diary!).

First - the diaries. Real bad. I'd been through them quicklike when I knew they were wanted - and what a disappointment!! Rocky - for the same purposes, i surmise - had taken out his writings from back then - and our safes @ the bottom of our seas seemed not to have held back the corrosion of salt.

Then, when called by the boys to read off some representative lines - out came some nice stuff. About how much I love this one girl - although I then go on to talk of how I wanted these two other girls (college life, y'all),. Then talk of weirdness w/ these people, and weirdness of those people, and my own weirdness. As Rocky said it, better to digitise my stuff now before someone else has to after my death. It's not really that bad.

But the hot stuff - in my mind - is the foto collection. I took lots, and although they may not be great technical stuff, I realised that they would gladden the other two - and they did. Some snaps were obviously great - but it was the odd ones that those two digged on about that surprised me. Hot pictures of 'nickrohdes', Emo, or 'Woodertower' in any of those mini skirts she used to wear all the time (and thank God for you, dear - if i'd only realised @ the time that....well, whatever.........) any of the other dizzy-ing collection of beautiful young 18-22 year olds of that time. And, laughable ones of our youngselfs.

One of the funnier things said that nite was Rocky pouring over snaps of my old girl Q. Looking, he said although he was never attracted to her @ that time - now her fotos were turning him on. Funny.

And - we made it through about 6-7 pages of the 40 paged album. Job not done. .Otro beis.

Ate and drankwell. Crank had the sauce, Rocky had beer but switched when he saw that I could drink it and like it - he switched to vino for that sake. And when the beer ran out, I also cobbled into the vino. Cider was for after the Printers people went to sleep and kicked the Illinois born ones out onto the road. Crankface also supped us well - there was beef as the main, cepting for Rocket, who had to subsist on potatoes and whatever. No meat.

And - to return to the theme (what theme??) - God, those guys memories have gone to shit. They rememebr little. It's funny when I can spit out the things said and done - but far better, was when I was able to say "yeah, yeah, and yeah, but the real reason that whole thing went down (or whatever) was because of ...(thing only Hilts rememebrs)".

I had a good time. Relax, reminisce,rollup for the mystery tour,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's very effortless to find out any topic on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this piece of writing at this site.

Also visit my site ... laser cellulite treatment