12 November, 2008

respect

Crossing the street 30m ago fer lunch over @ Gilmart, two of the kids who I taught last year (when I was a classroom teacher again for 2m) called out to me but I didn't understand what they were saying on the busy avenue.
"Huh? What'ja say?"
"You look like a bum!"
Ah,the respect! Actually, I do look lie a bum. I've let my face grow long for Halloween - and then discarded all of that work when I went to school as a priest (I know, original for me). But man, the amount of people - this being the first time ever @ this school I 've been priested up for Halloween - who say -as they always do - "Boy - you really fit into that costume - it suits you".
I have a rather ragged rotten beard - it's unshaven edged, sloppy as hell - that originally was gonna be for an Ahab tilt. It was on my mind for a few weeks, the problem of the peg leg never getting full discourse inmy mind because by then I'd fallen for another costume - Pasolini's Jesus. Hey - I had the beard going, and I have a 'robe enough' given to me by Jackson a decade ago or so. In the end, lazyness took hold and I didn't even go to a party - 'though Dragons reporting said the one I missed was sexy.
Boy - and I had enough for Ahab grown and an outfit ready to go. Ditto Pasolini's Jesus.
Call me lazy bones....

No comments: