17 November, 2008

Saturday!

Boy, what a day awaits me. I've been aregualar @ the Hamdard fundraiser for years now. Huge fundraiser held in Rosemont each year (I remember taking the El up there when I first started going and walking form the El stop. Now I drive and park in the lot.). It's for a great cause - Jackson's parents started the Hamdard Center years ago to have medical care - both physical and mental - forSouth Asian, Middle Eastern, and the Bosnian Communities in Chicago and surrounding areas. These people have it bad two ways - one is that there are just not enough facilities to handle them. And the other is that often the women and children are especially ill equipped for immigrant life in America.

So -the fundraiser. Lots of money. Lots. Very Indian atmosphere. Very. Food - I wrote last year that although maybe I shouldn't be a judge of food - it's the best Indian food I've ever eaten. i'll find out who is the caterer, Outstanding. The music. It always ends w/ a concert w/ trad Indian musicians. The beauty show. There is always a fashion show. In my single days Bonnaix and I would sit there and compare notes on our favourite models and thier outfits. I'll take some snapshots this year.


And then there is Spong. He is the Epispocalian bishop whose book led me to this years bible scholarship kick. he's to delievr two lectures in the city centre of La garnge on Saturday. @ the first Congregational church of La Grange. Again, wild anticapation from me. Spong. In the flesh. For me to listen to.

No comments: