24 November, 2008

Saint Rita High School Announces

Fr. LaVern J. Flach, O.S.A.1928 - 2008

Rev. LaVern J. Flach, O.S.A. entered eternal life November 17, 2008 after a long period of declining health.

Father Flach's first assignment was in 1956 to St. Rita High School, Chicago, as a teacher and Vice-Principal. He was transferred to Mendel Catholic High School, Chicago, in 1968. He served as teacher and Vice-Principal there. He was for many years Adviser to the yearbook staffs at Mendel and St. Rita. His work in this area was nationally recognized for its excellence.In 1971 he was named Principal of St. Rita High School. He held this post until 1979, when he resumed teaching duties at St. Rita. In 1994 Father Flach was named Associate Pastor of St. Matthew Parish, Flint, Michigan.


Read an extended Bio here.


Rest in Peace


Fr. LaVern J. Flach, O.S.A.



I had not- thanks for passing that along. I actually had Fr Flach all four years at Rita. He was a good guy. = Lazers


I had not heard the news. I agree he was a good man. =Tommy T.


I would be remiss if I did not mention the phrase Fr. Bubba, BS's affectionate term for Fr. Flach. Concur with the good man = Moho

No comments: