22 September, 2008

two golden opinions of my father

Ran into the Croation Kid (3d floor, apt., 63d and Albany, east side) @ the Rita game. Very good to connect w/ olf frenz, although as usual I was in Secret Agent mode and trying to sneek around the foootball game. funny. So antisocial, but I passed the time yuking iy up bigtime w/ him.

He told me of my Dad. the Croat kid was kinds Croat toasted (I smelled it rite away -& viddied the Skybottlettes he was replenishing his 7up bottle w/. ). He told me very little, but this : "Yr Dad man. Tough as nails." Funny. My Dad was pretty no nonsense. I additionally was funnied up because I realised that The Croat Kid might have seen my Dad as nails because he was a bit of a rowdy kid, and I imagine my Dad had to yell @ us for whatever reasons over the years.

And the Joker. he met my Dad 10y after these episodes. The Joker was also toasted when he talked of my Dad one nite w/ Ocean near. He said two things. One was this "He rarely spoke. But when he did, it was usually..... (.....shit, i forget -but he wanted to convey somehting along the lines of ...) ... with great gravity (or, maybe, w/ great authority 0r like a pronouncement)." And then he said "When I think of the South Side, I think of yr Dad."

Obviously, all three of these things made me giddy w/ giddiness.

No comments: