11 September, 2008

techicho direrto (sic)

So, in every way, this wek I annoubnced to the world that yes, indeed, I am The Man. As in, to parafrase Mel Gibson c. 1980, "If you wanna get odda here, ya talk tuh mee". I wanted to wait and wait and wait, but to quote Napoleon about this context "I may lose a battle, but I'll never lose a minute" : I am now, I am deeply pscyched and excited to say - and I knrew since last year - the head of the girls soccer program @ my school.

I know, I know, no big deal.

But to me - w/50-60 youths to lead - I feel, in my litte patch of this context (and this context only) - I am an officer. And not justa lieutenent. Maybe a Captain. No, Winters was a major. And that's it. MAjor Hilts, to conflate two real military WW@ figures. Or whatever.

So, this week I am have actively going after it. I've stopped the girls in the hall when I see them and tell them "Look for freshman and soph who are good. Tell them our team is great. use yr influence to gather these girls for our team." When freshman classes come in to the media center for orientation, I use the last few minutes of class to sell them on the team. I tell them even if they are not very good as 9th greaders, we will make them players by 12th. I'm getting better @ it to - the last class actually clapped after my 4m speel. Lets hope these girls are fit.

I've been to the athletic dept again and again for guidence, been to my old school where I used to coach to talk over some things I need to know (this is my first time running the deal - and am excited about seeing my old school play satuday in LaGrange.), named my J-V coach and asistent coach, and non officially told both MMf and Stopper from the J-V team last year that yes they are now varsity. Funny - M MF had to knw, and it was the first thing she asked. I told her "you know what team yr playing for this spring".

So, yeah, sorry guys, more HS girls soccer talk. Get used to it..

No comments: