22 January, 2007

Bears @ Crankfaces ( in progress)

The plan had been to watch the game @ Crankfaces @ 2pm. Lost time there, an hours worth, and was @ the place to collect gf an hour beforehand. Yeesh. Now I realise why couples like to live ensemble. So, thinking i'd missed her, I drove to the loop, finally got ahold of gf (not answering her calls) and had to haul around, spirt west again, get her, throw the bow around, and still got back to 'Faces before kickoff.
Stupid me. Gf was mad.

Nice game. I'll write up further in the dcs blog, but not yet.

Nice crowd. It was the hosts and the wife and I, follwed by Blackie. He had to do a dribble of work in da loop, but was over by halftime. Then litenoise* and heavynoise* showed up for the balance of the 2d half. And, when it was all over, here comes roxxxxxxxxxxx!! Always good to celebrate w/ frenz.

We were excited about the game. Drank a bit, but not too much. Foggy bottom.

Food was provided by the host. 'Face decided beforehand to make up some beef sandwiches, and he hit on a winner. I picked off the peppers both red and green, but enjoyed the melted cheese. Also, some good sorta sauce went on the fries-the name ?? I'll have to get some of that shit to put on my stuff. Crank 'faced me up w/ some seconds.
Left late, but not too bad. Drove gf to her car, and headed home to pass out in bed reading the paper.


*= again, give me some time to think up something original...its 9am on a monday..........

No comments: