08 January, 2007

20,000 more troops


So the talk is 20,000 more troops for our army in Iraq.


Two thoughts:


1)Didn't we just have a national election in which the idea basically was "Get our troops out of IRAQ!!!" Right ??


2)Although I totally think I am, and bore all before me talking about it, I am in reality not a military man. But, thinking as a military man, who has just been told that his field army was to be expanded by 20,ooo troops, I'd be hopping over the moon. So, I'm not a military man and really don't know the situation on the ground in Iraq rite now, but its funny how the top 2 generals (before Bush just replaced them) didn't want the 20,000 extra.


Make sure you realise that I am opposed to this war, and am not advocating the extra 20,000, but thought it wierd that generals would not want extra. It could be that 100,000 are needed to make a real difference, not just 20,000, and they realise that the 'pennypacket' reinforcements are just that. Lets put it this way, 20,000 wouldn't have helped Von Paulus @ Stalingrad, Nov. 1942 or Feb. 1943.

No comments: