13 September, 2009

A People's History of the Danse Floor: House Parties, 1980-2009, Part 9: Danse! / Friday, pt. 3/3.

So Crankface and Patience had to great idea to actually throw a danse party. Yes, Shipley, it was @ Blackies - but not Lousiville's Own Blackie - it as the South Loop place where they'd rented a party room. I was in the dual throw's of having the money situationon my mind this friday and - the car situation. Suddenly, the horns starts going of and i have to punch it to make it stop. These dual situations - plus my ever present laziness and fear - tried its best to scuttle me getting to the loop for the party. Really - a nite ive been looking forward to was almost spent by me sitting in my room all nite. Again, really: that 'anti-public' option was considered, but it never actually got that close However, its close cousin, the 2h late arrival, was taken. The latness, the latenness, and the revrses earlier in the day lead to a shitty driving experience all the way to the loop. Quite breathless when I finally arrived. Two hours late.

So, sat there I, out of place amidst 50 of my frenz, a rock for awhile. People would talk to me - that was good, I dont remember. Lots of people - the 50 I knew plus the strangers to me strewn about the place. Good music, good people, and I eventually warmed up. All of these people are safe situations for me, so it was easy enough to calm down. Usually I have Gf to icebreak for me and I can go silent - but she wasn't there.

Tonnes were there. Frenz of both came to celebrate the 40th Bdays of them. Gooden. The place was filled. I didnt take fotos except for 2 @ the end - but Im sure Rocky and Homes and Processed and Liz Bustamante will all have snaps up @ soe time. Who was there? Again, the 50. Some were missing - Curtis, Shoey. But there were also lots of strangers. Patience teachs @ some hi flauting north shore grammer school - very kool - but whats kooler aere the sexpots she works w. Kooler than kool, as they were bouncy and fun. And they liked to danse. And there were two in particular - very sexy young women, both. They kinda resembled each other, a little - similarly look, dress, etc.. Eventually thse two - the belles of the ball, i called them - dansed away the latter part of the nite. They were having so much fun it seemed that they were trying to outdo the other one - trying to settle for sure who was The Belle. Me? Well ... tie.

And the dansing. What a brilliant idea*. Just rent a place. Cash bar. Evryone relaxing and chilling. I got there late 2h in. Glad I went, although I had to drag myself there. Some people would go out, but it wasnt until the young teachers of Patience school stayed out there would the floor stay out there. As always, women's gotta have it. in my mind, whatver these girls wanted, play it for'm. they were pretty mallable - young, but they dansed to the older stuff, happy. And their energy attracted others to the floor the whole time. Woman's gotta have it.

The oldsters also dansed. What was that couples song? All of a sudden, there were 7-8 couples** down. It just took me so long to get going. But the last hour was a good by me dansing and not just watching. I got dragged out and eventually loosened up. Fine. Eventually, there were some grooves to feel, and I ended the nite very ad it had to end. Sad. And, sad I 'd been late 2h. Typical me. Buning thousands of dollars and time away from my life.

I also wished I'd dj'd it. At the end of the nite it started to fall apart. Drunken ipod handlers*** stopped songs in the middle of them. Made me wish some one else has the idea as well and maybe I can muscle my way in.

So - despite the disasters of the days previous and that day, I'd ended the nite not by sending out detachments to try to trap prisoners so to gain secret knowledge of the enemies whereabouts in order to launch an attack - a limited attack - but instead repaired to the fall back position and relaxed.

*=previous editions can be follwed w. a bit of difficulty through this last one.
**=No, not 15.
***=maybe me being one of them