03 September, 2009

no kids yet /

Again, such a small school. So small compared to the empire I left. 54 kids, generally 5 a class. In some larger classes 2 the old school (chorus, fex) there were 100 kids or so in the classroom.

But no kids yet. Teacher meetings. By now, I know the excellent ones and the complainers; the eager new teachers (me, one of them) and the teacher assistants who have been there for many years. By today, its apparent there are a lot of teachers who are really good here - its a different sorta school(for behaviour kids) and some of the teachers are evidentily just drawn to working w. these kids. Two are apparent - the principal allowed them to make a purchase from a vendor and it was kool to see them decide what to do and so quick. I shoulda realised, but when you are in yr own sorta world (hs library for 5y) y forget facets of the others. It's kool these two teachers are really good - they'll give me strength. I will be sitting near them to- morrow.

Im in good spirits. The job ahead of me will be supreme. But Im ready prepared for it.

But yes - that's easy to write now - wait till the kids come on Monday. That's actually when it starts.




Again, its gonna be a brand new experiece.