02 September, 2009

first day of school / lucky / again

Back in, on planet Mars now especially (that one time crankfacedeadboyrobandI)
this different place, such a different atmosphere, differnt people. I was in a school of close to 4000 w. 240 tachers - this school has like 54 kids and maybe 15-7 teachers. Mars, man. Mars.
But there's more. Fully rejected by my last school - fucks - there is the shockingly undenialable fact that when I look down on my feet, there are again - again! - the leather cavalry boots of Ney. Distant objects? I peer through the telescope of Nelson-again. For the fifth time - the fifth fucking time - I have been officered w. the charge of 'leading a lot of men in a desperate battle'. The four previous times (really three - for some reason I count my experiences not being hired in the old school as a failure akin to my three crazy Grand Failures) I have foundred - twice my fault, twice life unkind. And now, like its all really been made new. All the terrible decsisons and habits and results and efforts - all that - is once again washed away, and I have a -what was that vanilla sky line? - a chance to ..... wait, what was that other line from magnolias ..... oh yes, use the regret. So, anewed, bornagain (what was that one line from that one loyola literay magazine from 1992), and etc.

What Napoleon asked of new officers brought before him was "Is he Lucky?", which was taken as "If he gets a break, will he take advantage of it?" This is the fourth true full 'break' I have gotten - so far from where I had pplanned to be - but for fucks sake, it's goddamn Marshal Neys boots that I once again wear ...again.


No comments: