13 September, 2009

Friday pt. 2/3

Again the idea of joining my old schools staff for soccer returned Friday. The team i help (see- my term is 'help') had no practice, and when my visit to Elisebeth St. (CPS human resources place) to have my hopes crushed ended, I headed out my way to see the school play. Good game - Nek varity won 3-1 on lush grassy fields and under blue suburban skies with the kids in great spirit. The JV played their game @ the same time on the field next to the varsity game. In city play, JV always play rite after the varsity game, so we have to wait for 2 whole games during the week a lot. So games like tonites -having both games @ the same time -are nice.

I will say it now - I want to jump team and help out this school gain. In every way I really should i'll get paid a bit if I do($1000 or so in my very junior coaching position) instead of volunteering. And finally I think i will. Season for freshman league hasn't started yet (always delay a few weeks for new hs students), so I wont be criminally late in joining. We'll see, though - I have to difficultly ask off the other team. And then Im gonna have to expect a whole lotta more workload vis a vis coaching w/ Nek - its a much higher level of professinalism than the school I help out @ now. A lot more work - rite when Im starting a new teaching position. I kow im gonna have to give it my all for teaching - and heres a tite soccer program expectations Ill have to match. Beating to windward times ahead, thinks-i.

No comments: