16 September, 2009

the change has come

finally, after dithering about it for 2m, i made it official: I accepted the coaching position @ Nek and left Ruc HS (always know up to now in secuityout as Hilts High School - no more).. Girls season in the spring is still open - i may very well go back in the spring and do the girls team there. But for now ....

To-morrow, for the first time in forever it seems, i hold practice. This aturday is the first game (Truth be told, the team has already played - they played Ruc when I was coaching there last month - but it'll be my first game...)

Walking the halls of my old school, still feel like im a teacher there, ran into soe of the other coaches. told them that 'today is the day of my leaving' and it was good to feel their love and sorrow that I was leaviing. Such a great staff @ the old school as well. I will miss them.

But, I'm @ my own school now, and Im coachin my own socer team now - so far from where I thought i would be just 2m ago - but, well, I'm very happy. There's no question. Summer was so down, and now answers to many questions have been answered.

And I miss Gf a lot. I just wish ......

1 comment: