03 July, 2009

early on

despite the present destuction of army group centre going on, i yam 'aving a spot o fun this summer. 'tho (luckily, as i sit here now) i didna get the summer school english gigg, i did get a paltry scrap of hours thrown my way via the avenue of 'freshman connection'. 'freshman connection' is divided into two parts - the AM period where the incoming freshman get math and english from 8-12. they can then go home or stay for the "PM" part - me work only the 'PM' part till 3.30p. its mainly goofy fun - that's my job.

the kids are in six large PM groups, and kinda kooly our group is the biggest - meaning the kids we have find it funner to stay rather than go home. We had sixty for a while. but to flesh out the other groups they took 20 of our kids. We're still the largest group. There ar two adults - me and an "ESP" (Teacher aide) We have a good set of kids of juniors and sophmores to help us - and its chill and fun and goofy and i like it.

the deal is is that the program had the possiblty to be a fucking drag - but i realised that here was a part where the whimisical side of meself is needed, expected, and would be workable. So, the last two weeks, I have been able to whistle each day and fuck around each day and be a fucking goof each day - but the nature of the program doesn't just allow this - it asks this of the adults. And - luckily I can actually do it.

I've always liked freshman a lot. They are so active, so grammerschoolish, so brite eyed - so fun to be around. As w/ areas else here @ this school, I find a great spot of peace.

Though, i note as well, the present battle of belorussia currently being played out brings me the opposite of peace.

No comments: