06 July, 2009

Ruined

Nephew.2 has been a regular user of free internet tv. He'd get up early each wkd to watch the Man. U. games live on his pc. Lazy regularly am I, so it was the final final league game of the year before I finally assmyoffgotof and tuned in - and it was stunning. Live Man. U., in my frontroom w/ my cafe.


Took some time, but soon an emergency cropped up - on the day of the (shitty) digital exchange deal, the Spanish station that the USA - Italy Confed. Cup was on (No cable me) wasnt coming in. So, out came the compter and until I fixed the digital deal, it was my link. The final real breakthrough came when th Fire had an un televised Open Cup game -v- and Second Division team. I tried to find it on the internet - but no go. All they had was fucking Twitter updates. Horrible. But as I kept up w/ the onliine twitter updates I watched several other Open Cup games online - like three or four of them. Mainly from these tiny minor leagur stadiums - it was fun. I exhausted the soccer schedule that nite (Fire lost 1-0) and sampled about - next was a Japanese baseball game. Watched that for an hour. Looked more about and found that Iish hurling and gaelic footabll and ............... holy shit, non channel 9 White Sox games are gonna now be available.


And I realised that it wasn't just that - the Irish news and programs from Ireland for Mom will be rally kool. But the sports angle is tite. For years I've been only to watch Man. U. in sporadic games - generally Champions League games - freely available on cable. Blessed frenz - Gallo and Blacky come to mind - taped a a variety of League games over the years. And BCD - an Aresanal man - tries to drag me to wacth games downtown. But now I really have the easy chance to regularly watch the team during the season. And 'non televised on free tv in chicago' Sox games. Fun - no more needing to go to a bar and dropping $ on drinx and feeling bloated and graag the neext day all because there was an important game on - like that first game of an important Spetember series against the Twins in Minny in 2004 - we lost.

Not to say I wont go out fer a game, y'hear me. But I like the choices. Although, there is the possibility I mite be ruined by this. well, not ruined, but ...

Pitifully cheap sometimes. The whole penny/pound/wise/foolish deal. But not quite. But, well, whatever.

No comments: