26 June, 2009

On Waiting

Had an interview - for my school and my position - last week. Was told i'd be told by today. Not Yet.

And the waiting now sucks. I'd had the interview on a Wednesday, and was told the folowing friday - yesterday - the news would be out. So, since the 'deadline' has passed, I amnow worried. I knew i wouldn't be 'gifted' the job, but I figured I'd have a good shot. I suppose i shouldn't be oo worried - maybe Monday word released - but this job is kinda a bit more imortant to me than any other job - so I sit and stew. I will also amidt that Ire ally haven't been pursuing other jobs in the system or subarbs. I know I should have been folowwing it up - but, eggs in one basket sorta thing.

There are 6 total candidates - me being one - and I caught site of one of them when I was preparing for my interview. Seemed I was a better candidate - but maybe not as I only saw a bit of him.. And then there are the other four up for the job.

The interview was tepid. It was w/ the principal and the other librarian. I raced to finish a little portfolio of my work - not relly a standalone portflio, but one that accentuated my 'selling of myself' to the principal. Despite the amount of preperation and work going into the interview - it lasted maybe 12m and wasn't really a comprehnsive go-over. I didn't get a chance to show my portfolio except for one part. i wasn't able to talk about being a total member of the library staff for the last three years. I wasn't able to talk about the soccer program (I'm head coach of the girls program - this is a good good thing). I was only briefy able to go over my love of the school 'just a little bit'.

What was went over?

The question of Questions, which i really do not have a satidfactory answer:

Principal: "So, Hilts, I see you left this school and you left this school when you were a classroom teacher- why?"

I confessed " Well, Mr. Principal .... I was a lot younger and did a lot of growing since then. My gifts - which are considerable - were not best highlighted as a classroom teacher. I hav been a librarian here for the past three years - and there has been all good positivs in thse last three years. "

And it's true. Im ideal for the job. Talking to Vito after the interview, we went over my recent resume. Vito is an administrator who - guess what - hires people for academic posts. His deal was that in the last seven yars I have had a good work record - mainly - and my checked past hopefully will not sink me.

Yet i wait - and the last two days I have specfically waited for the post to arrive and see f thre is a letter from my school - a slim, slender, or sleek envelope inwhich a rejection letter is addressed to me.

Here's hoping I get a call and not letter. But its time now ....

No comments: