12 June, 2009

Warspite.1

Tired of the Jutland stuff, I know. Yesterday ordered Rules of the Game from Borders online - took a long time to order it because I was searching out libraries and etc to find it - but since I asked my sisters not to give me cash but to give me Borders cards so that - when I need a book and my natural cheapness prevents me from buying it - these ease the pain.

Oh - and here is Warspite. Warspite's helm jammed @ Jutland, and did two complete lazy circles betwixt the two battle lines. Shell magnet. After the battle, the oral history of the guys below decks when they came upon deck they were thunderstruck @ the damage done. Warspite had the heaviset armour aroubnd its vitals - but non vital parts had lessor armour. This resulted in the ship - the engaged throughout the battle - have it's lessor armoured parts deeply damage - some parts were just blow overboard. Yet as a fighting ship, it almost lasted the whole show. No, not sink - just there came a time when its speed was so reduced that it had to limp out of there because it couldn't keep up w/ the rest of the fleet.

Above are nice drawings of Warspite - one is colour coded to show the damage, the other is closeups of the damage. Just imagine the german shells hitting and damaguing and whining off the armour and ...... ok, that's my job.

No comments: