14 December, 2009

What happened on Friday Nite/ Friday the 11th

After another deeply shocking day of fights and arguments and flying chairs @ school, I hung @ home for a long bit before slipping the ways late and applying full sail due North for a double rock show. Waited w. mom as long as I could - gotta keep her good company these days. I'd had my choice of nites to go out this weekd to see frenz bands - Weightmen and Coyote camaro friday or Bully Pulpit on Saturday. I picked this nite to go out because I was hoping to take Neices.4 and .5 to the theatre in the morrow (eventually they bugged), I'd never seen C.C. and Weightmen only once (twice?) while I'd seen Bully Pulpit 15x or so. Hard choice, but easy.

Got there almost late - walked in, swarmy doorguy dealt w., and Rocky on the stairs watching as the Weightmen rocked out. Talked a bit, and wanted a drink so we went upstairs and got us both a half and half. Curtis and Homes were there as well, and even unexpectdly K.Doll (saw her, recognized that it MUST be her(i think), me too shy - but she came over and said hi. Silly frets.).

I'd seen the weightmen last summer when we shared the stage (well, rite?) @ the Klas show in July (last time I talked to gf .....r, xgf, i guess). This time Curry Favour had flown in from the country to bass it up (July was Homes??), and it was a good thing to see him. He had to fly out again in a matter of hours (all niter!). Glock on drums, and that one guy from the Rainbo who who drinks water and - oh, no, it's a Lagrange boy! They were good - I patted meself on the back when I recognized a song from the summer I dug - happy to hear it again. Enjoyed. They are not regulars to 'touring' - it was billed as their last show of 2009 - and it'd be kool to see them again.

Then firsttimeme for Coyote Camaro. I got another drink - this time I tried it the cheap way and got seperate drinx and poured them myself - Rocky, of course, took the remainder of the Guinessglass as he took the stage.

Decent crowd - seemingly many here for the Weights, so a sparesness started after they left the stage. But pretty. Especially the waitress. Eyes of mine, wandering, over her, again after again. Pleasant. A shirt that ended just so. Especially when she swayed to the music. Something about womans hips, or maybe just this womans hips. Or woman.

Reports from Crankface from Camaro shows past - only reportage I'd had - was positive on the band. Liked it. Word was out that this was to be Rockies last show w. Coyote Camaro. If it is to be, Im glad I caught it. Homes take was funny(and non verbatium): " ... sideshow .... waste ... time for his serious band....". Veddy funny. So differences.

I dug it. Historically originally there was just the drum and bass, then Roxx was added, then brand new (tonite?) was the keyboard player. I guess a replacement longterm for him. Reminded me a lot of the Laughing Hyeneas from the mid 80's: just w.out the herion, long beard and hair, and the blond. I liked the bass and drums, and set my wearing friday nite bones on a seat, and enjoyed. No, dont talk to me - let me watch. What did I see? Good - took some snaps. What did I hear ? Same. Rock gurgled and sang and dansed about a bit - interesting to see him on stage w. people I've never met. His was a role, but The Roles here were the drum and bass. I could see myself seeing a Rockyless Coyote Camero - I liked it a lot. Time will tell.

Passing comment on the importance of friday nites. Made it. As time goes on and air defences get better - and plans are made- it always gets easier.

No comments: