07 December, 2009

supper @ Rain

Got a message from Dragon saying "hey what happened last (Friday) nite?" Seems I'd forgotten that we were supposed to go to Rain for a few. Replan, then a call from Jacob and he was netted in - and we actually had an old boys nite @ Rainage. Three single gents awash in a world of younger unapproachable women. I got there first, followed by Dragon 3-4m later - then trio complete 3-4m later. We first sat on the couch in back, but then squatted near the door @ the bar. Ah - a place @ the Rainbo's bar.

It was good. Hung for about 3.5h and had four drinx or so. Jacob, that agent of chaos, began to talk to the young man sitted next to us. Dressed like it was a Revolting Cocks show c. 1987, he turned out to be an affable kid who was kool w. the silliness of us. And boy - he could work it. Tho' he was by hisself and unemployed, he chatted up the girls proximo for a long bit. Always amazes me the guts some guys got to jabber on w. whoever. Last time I had that was in my university days - but we kinda all had it back then.

Familiar faces? Besides the two bartenders, none really. times had gone on. No, didnt expect to run into Gunners or Joker or whoever - it's 2009 and there are children rampant - but I thought fer sure the glasses guy who drinx water and reads all nite to be there, or the guy w. the hat, or the Tortoise guy. Nah. No matter. We had fun. Spent a lot - feel compelled to buy rounds for the un- and under- employed. Is kool.

Pulled out eventually. Despite his cycle chained nearby, Jacob decided to ride back and crash back in Mt Greenwood. IS kool. Went in for a final drink @ Lannigans - two Coca Colas, please, and the skinny young beautiful thing tending bar was okokok w. that. There was a guitarist finishing up his set (My myriad frenz should play these places ), and when we came across his flyer, the pen was immediately used to draw Hitler mustaches, SS lapels, Me 262's in thought ballons, and the like - and neatly rolled into a scroll w. a nice little tie on it - and handed to the dude as we marched out. Woulda liked to seen the reaction - since he was an artist, I assume he gotta lark.

Boy - I crashed immed. Jacob - I woke @ like 6.30am and dude was reading Cornell West. I remember/ I remember.....

Picture will follow, maybe when I get hoome today. Was good airdefences worked for the second straight wkd and my Old towns remained standing and not burned to a crisp.

No comments: