21 December, 2009

The first 24h

Vito and I winged North and West and across the bay bridge and into Oakland and stopped by a pizza place that had Rocky type delicious pizza (yeah, mf, yr shits that good) to take back to the house. Got in, decamped my shit into jh office. Wait - an office? w asnt I supposed to get a real bed to lay me weary bones on? Lovely for a single nite: NO!! That east coast storm had really fucked up travel, and so one of jh's gard school buddies had to camp out to try to desperatley sort out her flite back to DC. She was in the area to finalize her PhD in lit from Berkely - yes, these are the circles of jH mileau - and , in fact, Slinkywonderful was so Officially Doctored on this snowy nite. However impressive that ewas to me - very, btw - what was more impressive was how sexy this woman was. My style - skinny young white girl. That her mind was CalPhD worthy made her even sexier. Since she had to stay the extra nite, I was to sleep on the floor - totally kool. the funny talk went that maybe we would share the bed in the room - only funny talk, but .... well, it wa funny talk AND exciting talk. Girl crazy characterizes my mindset as I further away from beloved gf. We go as we move, I guess.

I was fuckin tired beyond belief, but I stayed up a bit. Excited more than just sexually - it was great to see the homeowners in their new home - uh,just fun to see them period. But they are new owners, and the place iis incredible. I was expecting a slite place like their last rental, bu this is a proper place, filled w. wood and rooms and fireplaces and books. I love it. There came the time later where I was tasked to decide which was the better house - this or Munson Wu's. I shut up and proffed no opinion. There's moe to the house as well. finally Vito, like me a decade earlier, takes after the Father. the yard here is huge for the area - no, one can't start having soccer games out there, but its big. It looks lke he inherited a terraced garden area, and since jH is Maam Organic to the max, all the stuff out there is super special seeds. looks fun - he's even got the fruit trees going on (one inhertied, but severl fig trees planted by Mr. A. when vitos parents were out over Thanksgiving). The house is key.

Despite the terrible tradegedy of my sleepdeprived bodymindsoul, I woke up spades easly the next morning. Despite vacation, despite Saturday, still my schedule of body arisings was attaried to Chicago. So, wakey wakey before 7am local - well, it'd be about 830h back home. Various errands ran - w. jH to do the shopping (ONE thing was non organic in the cart - wonderful the devotion) and since I just love to grocery shop - have I even told you that? - I was delighted to accompany.

Vito and I also stopped by the Oakland cathedral. New in 2008, moderest to its core, it was a fun place to stop by. basically the sole catholic superstition I still partake in (Unless you consider it all a superstition - another time, y'all) is "when you enter a church you have never been in for the first time ever, say 10 Hail mary's and 10 Lords Prayer and yr wish will be granted. My wishes are puerly Catholic - "the souls of my Father and Brother and Sister and Neice and Son and ancestors, expecially my grandparents on both sides and Aunt Marion. Strenght for my Mom and nephews and neices, my sisters and their husbands, my frenz, my students and colleuges, my soccer players and fellow coaches, Bolo, and lite to those Americans who have none, my country and the World" We all need strenght. Went into the gift shop and Vito and I looked over the stuff there - eventually bought a cross (despite knowing this was a horrible torute execution device, as it's been pointed out) and saints cards. Often times I know not what to pray unless, well, you know, it's a church i'm entering for the first time... - then I have very clear prayers and petitions in mind) and Saints cards. On the back of the cards there are small prayers, so i got the following: St. john the baptist (he knew Jesus), St. Joesph (not @ all because he knew Christ but because he is the partent sait of worker - specfically because its always been such a thing I eed help w.), St. martin de Porress (because when my brother was sick we had a cloth touched by his bones and Mom used to pray to him specfically for my brother. It didnt work as bro died when he was 6 and me 2, but I wanted to emphesiz ethat despite that, i stillbelieve, whatever believe means...), Our lady of Knock (Irish themed - and the one card least popular since there were more than any other card left), and St. Micheal the Archangel - my favourite piece of art in the Art Institute of chicago - and to defend us in battle.

Nite was centered around dinner. Jh's sister and a couple they know came over. Slinkywonderful stayed but for soup - quick drive to drop her off @ BART and goodbye sexy - and back to dinner. Meantime I'd said NYET to a short call to matt Jenke and forced a stop @ a liquor store. Despite the Communist influences here, one cans till get cider and guinness @ the local grocery. Dinner was great - chicken, potatoes, carrots, carmelized to wonderousness. Made the comment it was Gallos we were @.

And it was fun to hang. I will amidt that jH's sister was a bit of a mystery to me in times past. But it was chill and enjoyable this time. The couple LA and Hawaii - were also totally kool. I have lotsa social fears - deeply do i feel the love of frenz and family and colleuges and students - but the fear of strangers prevades. Since I wasn't jackling it up, that sorta fear wasnt present. Later we got out the Karoke machine, and funned for a longwhile on that - vito is Karokemaximus.

The sidelite was that I'd drank way too much. I was having a fun time, and the drinx flowed. The next day I would pay, and pay horribly.

1 comment:

Tiger Woods said...

Brah, I'm totally feeling you on the skinny white chicks thing -- they rule!!!'Cept I like them a little pumped up if ya know what I mean! It's kind of hot if they are black guys with dicks too!!!!