20 December, 2009

Traveling to the West Coast

Good fuck what a fucking chore. totally destroyed and needin' the RandR' of vacation - here I was taking the El to O'hare. No need to race - flite left @ 1845h, and I knew I'd get there a few h early. Straight there. While the weather was ok o the El up - it started to deteriorate while I waited. There was CNN on the telly in the waiting areas - I was wanting news on the terrible failure to try and get some sorta rational system of healthcare in America - and it showed that while all Antarctica was collapsing on the East coast, those of us going in the other direction just had to bludgeon thru' the obvious winterweatheralert demarcation line halfway thu' the great State of Illinois that denoted masses of airborne ice and we'd be free. That is, as soon as the deicers worked their magic on my planes wings (since it flew thu' that line in the sky coming West to East).

So: an hours delay to add to my sleep addled bodymindspirit - to be followed by uncomfortable flite out. I llove to fly - still an enjoyable experince after say 40 roundtrips in my life whereever - little kid me. Not on a B-29 here, but still I can pretent warobssessed style the same experince - well, w.out the enemy fighters, the radar directed flak, and the firebombing of the citizens below. Love planes.

And forwhatever reason I did not want to sleep. The nite before was a flurry of activity. Needed to finish a film for school, final pack, and be sad for mom and Bolo as I was leaving. Couldnt nap as I'd planned- so tired all day friday. Had thought about sleep on plane - 4h in air, woulda been nice - but no. Instead, read a lot of The Wages of Destruction and a writing book (proud me - here I was doing 'work' even tho' in first hours of 2 weeks off!). I had planned to try to kill of Wages this break, but the thin g about dense 700 paged books on economic history is ... well, they're dense 700p books on economic history. But: parts read on plane very good and flowing. Finished my target chapter in flite and was sated. The Writing Workshop book also flowed. Hm - that's a good idea - I gotta incorporate that.

Also Elf: the movie. Inflite movie was, um pretty good. Seen it before, but it was ok. A Simpson's episode. And a nature show. Inflite radio had "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" which I heard 3x and kept missing "Poker Face" by Lady Ga GA - until rite before we landed. Great songs.

And the sailor next to me. Poor dude - 22 y.o., from Alaska, just done w. boot camp and seeing his family in Seattle. Poor? Shit, man, would y like to be in the USN? God bless all of our kids in the service - but there was that nagging feeling whenever any young person tells me they're in the service. He has lots of experience on the sea - he fished for 2weeks @ a time w. his dad when younger. he also hunted in Alaska. Mutherfucker hunts w. am AK-47. true. So, a little jealous was me - no, although I eat up all the meats, im too hypocritical to actually do my own slaughtering. Good kid. Hope it all works out.

And then there were the chix. The glorious one who sat behind me - dark hair, the black boots presently in fashion this season, and the black shirt lovelyunbuttoned up top. Sexy. The one a few rows up w. the little t shirt. And mutherfuckers TRY to claim there is no God?!?!?!?! Fuck all'a'y'all. Seeing this sorta evidence would make a good case in the Supreme Court as to some sorta design going on. Fuck the one behind me could totally convince me that dinosaurs walked the Earth 6,000 years ago for sure.

Flite lasted 3h and 57m and 30s. Since I had only one carryon w. me I could walk straight offa da plane and out. That one carryon thing - I had crammed everything into one bag and then layered meself up so my body could function as another pack. I didn't realize that, well, the one carryon rule meant that I could carry that bag AND A BACKPACK. So, maybe I coulda brought a bit more of a diverse bit'o' clothes. Oh well. Whatever. Nevermind.

So - ander w. a purpose out, walk for say 30s out of SFO's terminal to scout about - and there pulls up Vito.....

No comments: