04 August, 2008

the Site of a Single crow

It was dinner time on a Sunday nite in Evanston. Vito and Darwina are rocking the Chicago thing this week, and it was to Gallo and Shipleys for a massive mess of mess. Crankface and hilts were also gests, although Patience and Gf were not. Boo.

This was a day when I was to drop off lots of my produce into the communal swill - I brought up massive amounts of peas, beans, and cucumbers. Vito brought up cukes and beans and more from his dads plot - no tomatoes from either, yet.

I got 'face, late as usual. I'd stopped by Gf's to collect her cake (made special for this show). She was too ill to make it -she's been sick for two weeks, and it was the smart thing to let her rest. Sucks. Usually when she is w/ me, I totally shut up and let her do the talking. This nite iw as in a talkative mood.

We BBQ'd out back. Well, Crank' clammed it and Gallo did sausages and porks and meats of all kind. Crank also threw in a Spainard into the werkes - the beans were beneath an egg. It was great. As usual, it was great. No cucumbers, though - Gf's recipe went unused. The Gallo's secured the back area of their condo and had it all set up - BBq going, plates, glasses - even wine glasses - waiting. Man, if i ever get to hosting, I'm sure the guests will have to drink out of old plastic cups w/ pictures of a 1987 Carlton Fisk on it. There also was the welcome site of a flyover from a crow.

It was great to see all. Vito I see not too regularly, as he's in Cali. However, it was a bit overdue to hang out w/ the Gallo's and Crankface (not in a park). Vito is his usual busy, w/ family and fnz all having to queqe up to slot in their face time. I think next time Vito is available to this crowd is Friday.

Late nite - late late nite - hung @ Crankfaces. It was too late.

2 comments:

AmyB said...

Please thank GF for the scrumptious cake. It wore down my willpower... The cake is not nearly as sweet as her, though.

Hilts said...

i didn't get into any trouble for forgetting it, despite her esp. warning me not to forget it