10 August, 2008

Shaking Hell

Had one of those horrible sweating fits. Felt it coming on the day before - something in the joints telling me that harsh times were ahead of me. It was @ 4.30 A.M. when I woke up shuddering and sopping wet with sweat. I unfortunately have the habit - well, not a habit - of undergoing such terrible shaking when I am sick. It was really bad - when it gets this bad, I wonder if this is what a heart attack feels like. Shaking Hell, I staggered over to close all the windows to keep out the 4AM chill, race another blanket onto the bed, add a winter hat and vest, then finally ball my body and mummy myself in the wraps. Eventually it stops. Eventaully I sleep.

The worst sorta sickness - this was a very very mild case - I remember was when I was very young and had such a mighty fever that my parents put my bed out in the dining room to better moniter me. The worst nite of that episode was filled with orange and yellow dreams manufactured by my severly overheated body and brain.


Again - Nothing like that this time, but it makes me think again. Methinks? Me too thin. And as I get older, it may be a good thng to add a few pounds. 10. 15. And again, this mite seem harsh to some, but I gotta amidt that I do not have a good relationship w/ eating. Often this summer I think of my daily diet from that day and realize that i have eaten only two pieces of bread total - if you don't count the and it's 2 AM. That's fine, but the next nite the same thing will happen. So, not healthy.

1 comment:

guilty noodles said...

Sweet Lord! Your "two pieces of bread" trumps my "apple and half a peanut butter sandwich".

I have the same problem, but always assumed it was hormonal, like pre-menopause...