15 October, 2009

Hamdard

Must be six r seven years now, but again made it to Hamdard center for the fundraiser. I actually had an official role this year - I was a volunteer!! even got my name under the volunteer section of the program. Kinda kool. My volunteerism consisted of keeping people out of certain sections of the convention center before they were opened to the public, and then taking bids during an auction. funny - all the other volunteers were hs kids - and then there was the old man.

Hamdard is a kool ass social services program that provides services to (generally) woman and children. The main focus is for immigrants, especially from Muslim areas, that are generally ignored by other services. Jacksons parents saw the need 15 years ago for this and it grows every year. It is especially needed as immigrants in this country - especially woman and children - really need these specific services and may be too unfamiliar w. other options. Hamdard provides services a safe place for them.

Many killers there. B-Ball. Bonnaix. Book'm. Me. Jackson. Jackson's Dad. New crush on one of the ladies there.

I like being associated w. Hamdard. Its a kool deal that does well. I should do more my part, tell you the truth. After last year, i wracked my brains trying to figger out a way to more participate. Now that I no longer have a summer vacation of 3m plans o soccer leagues or whatever have passed. But...

Food incredible. As always.

No comments: