07 October, 2009

Liberal Radio

I didnt look for it, but it found me: I actually listen to talk radio, and its the Air America station that did it to me. Generally I'm no longer a radio listener, except in the car. I used to listen to XFM from London (thnx, Patience) via internet school, and d'accord Bulls, Hawks, Sox, bears, Fire, Cub games I cant watch on tv I also listen to radio @ home - but thats it. No longer do I Steve Dahl it up like it was 1979, or University of Chicago WHBK like it was 1984 (yes, reception could be garnered as west as Mozart Street), or etc.

However, every morning and evening rush - when I'm captaining Strasser N by NE or S by SW to or fro: i love it*. Discovered it by cghance - the FM station it is on now used to be 99.9FM 'we play anything' type of deal thta wa sone of the presets in Strasser - however, chancing myself for some old school disco or some "Beautiful Stranger", i instead got liberal radio. Good break pour moi. I listen in the morning and afternoon rush, and now sometimes even listen ..... @ home.

Early morniong it used to be the Stephanie Miller show. Pure morning funnygirl skits and comedy style for the liberal news. The skits w. funny voices and etc eventually got me to be a regular - @ least for the 1/2h it took to get to the h.s. Love it. Far more comedy w. a political bent than politics - but it is very good. Funny - untilthis instant, I thought tshe was an old lady - but as it turns out, she's young - and while not a deep fox - she's not bad. Suddenly all the sexual inneundo that goes on is suddenly funnier since she's not 65yo. I like the show.

However, I now leave for work @ the new school much sooner than previously - so I also now listen to Bill Press. Not a funny joke show but more serious intelluctucal stuff. Im gettiing used to him. Afternoons was always some cranky dude. Over summer, when I only had to go in rite after Noon, I'd TRY to listen to him - but he sounded so angry, he was kinda hard to take.


My other favourite is Thom Hartman. He's real impassioned when he gets going - but @ other times he's a very gentle host. He tends to repeat his arguments - but then again, his arguments are always great, so I don't mind. More than any others, I like to listen to his show.

Finally, Ron Reagan. Son of the old president. He's also really good - four good hosts on the same station. He 's on to 8pm, so I've been of late switching on the small radio downstairs to listen - moreso since basball season ended on Sunday (well, I amidt to listennin to innings 8-12 in yesterdays thrilling one game playoff betwist Detroit and Minny). He will handle issues that are not openly political - but mainly its politics. Yesterday was the firt time someone on the show actually referenced his dad in a bad lite.

It's good to hear what the other side is thinking too. Stephanie will play contradictions or foolish sayings from the Right - Ron will have point by point counter arguments. And its also good to gather up ideas and ways to argue for America's future. Like it a lot.


*= "He loves it"

No comments: