29 October, 2009

the inglorius bitches

Sometimes i just do a really bad job of coaching. The team im coaching rite now would fit this bill - the team i coaches last year i also did a terrible job. Two in a row. LAst eyars excuse was that Iwas brand new to the situation of running a soccer program in the school, and there was a lot more than just coaching. On the stuff that bwas more than coaching I did well (not perfect) - but on the coaching I fucked up.

The excuse for this years badly coached team? Easy - there are many coaches, and since I got into this 1/2 way thru the season (Officially only 8w ago), i am but one of four. They had another nexus of attention before I got here fully, and as Ive discovered in teaching, filmmaking, songmaking, etc: one has to fully grasp the reins to have control. Since there are 4 coachs on this team, i never really fully had the reins. So, what I get is a lot of bitching by these bitches. Bitches!!

And today finally we get to play the best team in the league - undeafeated and already having beaten the team I now coach - and its the team that i helped coach @ the beginning of the year. We had this match switched from the weekend a few weeks ago and both teams have been waiting for it. I have a real fear that my team will lose - but in all honesty, they have just as much talent. If I had been a better coach these last two months .... and seriously ....

So, the season ends this Saturday. Everyday (except no Sundays and a few days off) since 5 August - and Ill amidt Im ready. This week we've just scrimmages the team - no drills, short games, conditioning, etc. We've put the Sophmore first team against a combo of 2d stringewrs, JV, Varsity and girl players hanging around.

And all these bitches do is complain. Tell them to pass to me. PLay me here because he sucks. etc etc etc .... And now my disfunctional boys play the undeafeated top team. It'll be fun.

No comments: