26 May, 2009

Scapa weekend

A long wkd, hilighted by terrible battles and losses. The army's striking power is still there - but deadly drained. Think - it was a long wkd, yet here I am ... Both Friday and Sunday I was stupid beyond belief, and decided "Yeah, yeah, I CAN win Kursk this time about"* - despite the enormous amount of preparation knowing this would end up just like Kursk did for das Heer.

Friday's clash of arms was somethng else. The battle raged early - the enemy wass strong. Certasin was I of vivcoty - like always - but the moment of crisis passed and there I was : holding the field but drained away. Sunday the battle resumed- a few drinks in me would be novel - and it sorta was - but again, destruction.

It's begiinning to look like - again to use the nazis - 1944, when every front was alight and every front was overmatching and yet Hitler made sure the war had to go on ...

Gallo had sounded us out about Sunday nite. I only wished ...


;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
*= me being, in this instance, the Wermacht

No comments: