30 May, 2009

gonna be ok (and yes, that's Mayo!)

All the proms, all the people, etc. Fun nite, time to say truely goodby to people I have known these last four years, and abit of danse involved. Gf got real perturbed because it was only Friday afternooon when I finallyrealised that ... well, maybe I should ask her to the prom. So, she didn't go - tambien, I feel, because she'd be the one and only spouse/lover of the 100 or so adults present. Prom was @ a downtown hotel - fuck, for parkings sake. I Strassered late - veddy late, I feel - and decided not to do the 22d street gambit but actually drive intom the city center and try to park and walk. It was all costs - to take the subway in, it'd cost me $4. to park @ a somewhat close metered space - $8. But - drive onemore block south and there is a 9-9pm and free after space. Just a mile walk to the hotel, huh? But a walk, dressed up prom style, is kool - i have such a hunger to be looked @, and the streets were rotton w. people celecrating summer and nice weather. As always, its fun to see the police officers - paid security - all dressed up .. and, you know, packing pistols. The place was nice - on the river, east of Michigan Ave., and lotsa nice people just staying @ the hotel irregardless of our school. Always nice to share the collective joy of our school avec tout le monde. Shy me - deeply garroulous normally, but oftimes I look for my moms skirt to hide behind - had a start starting, but I found my wind - or, rather, my Mayo. Saw Mayo and dragged him around w/ me for a bit. His mom was also @ Prom. She knows me as she has been @ the school and knows I've befrended the boy. Mayo and I hung for a bit, but de boy wandered away. Sat @ one of my girls soccer tables, stood w/ a teacher posse, and on. Eventually, however, they played this song. (for some reason, I can't embedd it - so I give.)

And this was the cue to flood the floor. Obviously, me. I knew thy'd have to play GA Ga @ some point - she's just way too dominating rite about now - and i'd even said it to the fshman soccer coach - hey, if they play Ga Ga, Im out there. So, of course, I love to danse, and I particularily love to danse to songs that are ... um fun to danse to. So, Ga GA comes on, kids go, I look for RobeertoClemente, one of the guards @ the school, who was w/ some hot chick on the floor. So, feeling safe - yes, I always danse by myself whenever we all go out, so I have no fear in most contexts, but this context was a wee bittine different- I just dansed. Fun, fun, fun. And the teachers came 'round to us and joined - we had maybe 20 of us.

Best danser was me, y'all. No question. The cosmos were going through me for 10m or so, and it was like we were @ some house party when I was 25. Just danse. It'll be alright. We had fun.

But it only lasted 10m or so. We dansing, that is. Like every other CPS prom I've even been to, the music generally feel into two categories: Several different Mexican music types (Mexico has lotsa lotsa distinctive styles of music - if you were thinking the "Mexican Hat Danse" was the only type there) and "Urban" jams - not just the black kids dig the "urban" stuff.. Nither are super enjoyable for me to danse to (i like a bit more muscle and seed and beat and rythm and ...), so only when they hit the pop shit were we able to let loose and enjoy.

It'll be ok.

Took forever to get the ids to leave - up comes the lite and topcop takes the microphone and we start to get out the kids from the hall. Boy, some of the tachers got wasted. They had bottles of hard stuff, and others had other stuff. Nothing for me - the hard stuff would make me vomit. But. leave they did.

Down the Dan Ryan, nearing one, the decision was for Lannies instaed of keegans. Why? Because people knowm me @ Keegans, but I wanted to hang w. the people who have strong impressions of me. Lannies is more my regular, and an insult from St. Nicky is always enjoyed.

No comments: