17 February, 2010

Ash

Ash Wednesday, no ashes yet -and living in a non Catholic world (unlike the neighbourhood growing up) means Im a slightly selfconcious to go to work or class w. dirt on my forehead. I know what I have given up - soda, and other forms of caffeine (in the sense of 'there's too much caffenine in my bloodstream/and a lack of real spice in my life'). Today is Day#1, so the next few should be tough. But, then....

Have to figger out a church to get ashes @. Up to Northside today, so ill have a pick of churches to get them from. We'll see.

I like Lent. It's about the only time I can get a month away from myself. The last two were fantastic. They both ended slightly before they were supposed to end - in 2008, it was Holy Thursday, and somewhere same fro 2009. So, knowing this year Spring break occurs before Easter and ths the end of my fast, I'm calling Easter early this year.

Massive disfunction will be legally allowed to reinhabit meself then, a week before Good Friday. And, up to that moment, Im understanding I'll be as productive as hell - making people around me happy. But back to the dungeon i will return. That week before Easter proper.

But, @ least the next 30d should be incredibly exciting.

No comments: